Pursuing Responsibility with Excellence Purposefully
Make plans now to join us for the BEST SUMMER EVER at ICC's Summer Institute, held at our Tennessee Training Center. Programs are offered in both PREP and Media PREP. Space is limited. Make your reservations today.
Up to three (3) weeks before each session, receive the Early Bird Discount!Register Now
All Summer Institute Leaders-in-Residence participate in:
- Peacemaking Introduction (All who register for PREP shifts of 6 days or longer have a complimentary registration to PM Introduction that should be completed within 6 weeks post a student's PREP experience. If you've registered for PREP after Feb 1, 2018, email email@example.com by August 15 to get your complimentary access code.)*
- Lessons from First Century Christian Leaders, Dr. Teresa Moon
AND….our experienced Summer Staff leads activities and experiences in:
- Team Building
- Event Coordination and Planning
- Servant Leadership Studies
- Peer Mentoring
- Media Production
- ICC's Core Values in Action
- Intergenerational Programming and Planning
- Project Management
- Leadership through Service
- Presentation Coaching
- Influence the Fall Conference Experience
Media PREP Leaders-in-Residence participate in all of this and receive additional specialized training in:
- Studio Production
- Audio/Visual Technique
- Work on real media projects
- Graphic design
- Work with industry standard equipment and software
- Learning to be professional while having a great time with your team!
Requirements and Eligibility
Age 15 at time of PREP (with preference given to ages 16+)
YSG 2 completed.
Attended 2 training events* or 1 training event within the last 12 months and PREP+.
Once you register for PREP, you will be added to the Student Leadership Pathway Section: RSA/PREP in the ICC Academy where you will find assignments to prepare for your learning practicum at your upcoming event.
Request a recommendation, via email, from your Chapter Sponsor, Area Leader, and Area Coordinator.
GSLC, GSLMT, and ASLC are not required to request recommendations.
Details are found in the Student Leadership Pathway Section: RSA/PREP in the ICC Academy. As a courtesy, please include THIS LINK for your required recommendation.
NOTE: Liability waivers, medical forms, and student leader agreements are valid for a period of one year May-April. If you have already submitted your liability waiver and student agreements for the 2017-18 year there is no need to submit again.
- ** ICC values the opportunity to mentor students through their YSG progress and ask all students who serve at PREP who are still working through the Guild or are recent Inductees (after June 1, 2016) to bring their most recently completed YSG portfolio with them to PREP.
- ICC (and the IRS) consider this a service/training position rather than normal attendee tuition. Please work with your tax advisor to explore a tax deduction.
- All PREP Team members will be offered transportation to and from the Nashville, TN airport (BNA).
- Those flying in are responsible for their transportation to and from the airport.
- Window for PREP Check-in is between noon and 5pm.
- Arrival flights to Nashville should arrive between noon and 5pm.
- Departure flights from Nashville should depart no earlier than noon.
- Remember that Nashville is in the Central Time zone.
- Must complete this travel form to ensure transportation to and from!
- This asynchronous course serves as a substitute for event attendance and purposefully equips a student for the experience of PREP while approximating some of the experience that would have been gained by participation in two prior events. $137 for eligible students. Students may use PREP+ to replace attendance at one event in order to be eligible for PREP at Ignite or Summer Institute.
- There is NO connection between PREP+ and RSA eligibility.
- 12 hours independent work over 4 weeks