A letter from our President and CEO:
I absolutely LOVE our high school communicators and leaders! I’m thrilled at the prospect of hosting small groups of students at our Training Center throughout this summer, especially after spending so much time sheltering in place.
And even as we cautiously move into phases of physical interaction again, your health and safety remain ICC’s priority. While we’re at it - we’re not only interested in your emerging leader’s physical health and safety, but their mental and emotional health as well. That’s why we spend time designing safe environments for exploring emotional intelligence and spiritual transformation.
We are committed to continuing to provide extraordinary empowering experiences in the safest environments we can create. That’s why we innovated our Frame It Up event in 2020 to be fully digital, and our international convention - iCON 2021 - accommodates physical and online participation.
Our Summer Institute - which includes PREP, Media PREP, and more - is the place where we see vibrant transformation happen in the most profound ways. Students find that it’s a vital part of their growth into becoming extraordinary leaders. That’s why we’re making plans to ensure students can participate, get the most out of it, and stay safe and healthy throughout.
Here are a few of the ways we’re working to keep your students physically safe this summer:
- ICC will operate within government guidelines for gathering limitations. (We’re offering limited spots in each PREP session.)
- Community members in East Asia will be able to participate in an online version of both PREP and Media PREP to respect governmental stay-at-home orders in those countries.
- Summer Institute Staff will keep up-to-date with WHO and CDC health advisories.
- Best practices for healthy environments will be enhanced, including hand-washing instructions, sanitized workspaces, and minimal physical touch in our environments.
- Those experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to stay home.
In addition, we know that emotional and relational health can be trying during this time, and we are more motivated than ever to use the Summer Institute - where students “pursue responsibility with excellence purposefully” - to help your student become truly emotionally intelligent person.
Every young leader who comes to Tennessee this summer will be encouraged, challenged, mentored, and I believe in some way transformed. I would love for your child to be one of them.
For you and for your growing leader,