Have you noticed how messed up our world is?
That was rhetorical. Of course you have.
Kids–future leaders–are being taught what to think, not how.
They are taught to answer questions, not to ask them.
They are taught to read, not to learn.
Young adults are taught to obey rules, not create them. So why would anyone bother to teach us how to articulate our ideas?
Our society is starving for authentic communicators and real leaders, people who will step forward when everyone around them steps back.
About 5% of the American population is ready and willing to speak on a public platform. That means the other 95% is listening to them, whether they know it or not.
Does that scare you? It doesn't scare me. But it does frustrate me because a large chunk of that 5% is untrustworthy.
But you know what does scare me? Most of us don't know what we want or what we need until it is right in front of us. And what we need are the skills and the confidence to say what we believe.
The next generation is in want. They–we–are desperate to be heard. To be accepted. To have something to say. To make a difference. And to be a part of something bigger.
I found all of this and more. I was listened to. accepted. People believed that I could make a difference.
Sure, they told me what to say. They told me to say what I believe.
I was welcomed into a community that understood my frustration. And they were doing something about it. These people aren't content with the status quo. They are propelled forward with an intense passion to be the change.
Join us. Find your voice. Be not typical.
Because I know you are.